POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Calibrate your monitor, or simply ... : Re: Calibrate your monitor, or simply ... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 09:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calibrate your monitor, or simply ...
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 25 Mar 2011 08:15:00
Message: <web.4d8c8607a708b8c76dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Continuing the rant:

[rant snipped] ;)

Out of interest, are these images being produced in secondary or backscatter
mode? My personal experience is slanted toward BSE, since it was compositional
variation I was studying. I too usually adjusted the c/b manually to get the
best histogram possible, finding ACB quite hit-and-miss. I'd usually only use
ACB as a shortcut for a good starting point, and often discard the top end of
the spectrum if I wasn't interested in those sub-micron heavy-metal particles...

I don't think I ever post-processed an image, except for stitching regions
together. Couldn't speak for other users...

Bill