POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : more efficient method to program animation? : Re: more efficient method to program animation? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:08:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more efficient method to program animation?
From: Chrisir
Date: 15 Mar 2011 18:05:00
Message: <web.4d7fe1769dd3c3a6327bdb20@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Just for completeness:

I use an external program, e.g. processing or even Word-VBA, to generate my
Pov-ray-files (1500 files or what ever), one file for each picture in the
animation:

output0000000000.pov
output0000000001.pov
output0000000002.pov

When I find a problem, I debug in POV-Ray, check the image there and paste the
Code back to processing. I then delete the *.pov and start the program in
processing again, which now generates the new code for pov-ray.

Then I use one additional PovRAY-file in the same folder, with just one line:

#include concat("output", str(frame_number, -10, 0), ".pov")

which renders all my 1500 pov-files in a queue.

and the master-ini has among others these lines:

initial_clock = 100;
final_clock = 200000;
initial_frame = 100;
final_frame =  200000;