POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : How to synchronize texture heightfield with texture colors : Re: How to synchronize texture heightfield with texture colors Server Time
27 Apr 2024 19:03:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to synchronize texture heightfield with texture colors
From: crowbait
Date: 12 Mar 2011 02:05:00
Message: <web.4d7b1a29e85ed93eee6838140@news.povray.org>
Gentlemen,

Recent I tryed to apply crackle pattern to both height map and texture and got
some ideas.

1. coordination of height map (0,0) corresponds UV coordination (0,1).
2. XZ plane of height_field object corresponds UV plane as Mr. Froeschlin and
Mr. Reiner wrote.

To synchronize height and texture, I wrote like this:

height_field {
  function 800,800 {
    // height map(0,0) = UV(0,1)
    f_crackle(u,(1-v),0)
  }
  pigment {
    function {
      // XZ plane = UV plane
      f_crackle(x,z,0)
    }
    color_map {
      (snip)
    }
  }
}

I hope this mail could be your help.

I wrote an example but it was in japanese.
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/crowbait/e/c17231470a8e840f92f8651a1f02c0b8