POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mm_per_unit question : Re: mm_per_unit question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mm_per_unit question
From: Aydan
Date: 11 Mar 2011 11:10:00
Message: <web.4d7a48942213d8df3771cd8e0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 11/03/2011 1:36 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>
> I recognise your train of thought. :-)
>
> What I think we need to do is scale both the subsurface values and the
> texture, independently but related. (If that makes sense)
>

>    texture {
>      pigment { colour}
>     finish {
>       subsurface { scattering, absorption }* Scale_for_SSLT
>       }
>
> scale Scale_for_Texture
>     }
>
> PS I notice that you forgot to put your subsurface values in the RC3
> format :-P
>
> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

mm_per_unit is an attribute of the world (scene) not the object.
If you scale an object with the same material it's SUPPOSED to look different,
just like in the real world. If you want it to look the same when it's e.g.
double the size you need to use a different (more translucent) material. So the
logic as it is implemented makes absolute sense.

Regards
Aydan