POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wood texture with additional xylem rays??? : Re: Wood texture with additional xylem rays??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood texture with additional xylem rays???
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 1 Mar 2011 13:35:01
Message: <web.4d6d3c20cea7185981c811d20@news.povray.org>
"hearing" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > If you wanted a new layer, then close the first texture statement and
> > then enclose the new pigment on a new texture{} statement just after the
> > first. Otherwise you are destroying a layer that might be important for
> > the texture overall look.
> >

> Okay, my mistake. Moreover i didn't really get the idea of multiple layers.
> I tried to add another texture but it is always overwriting the old one, even
> with hopefully right brackets. What's my conceptional misunderstanding?

Each texture that gets layered over another will only show the one beneath where
it has transparency.  So if you want to add additional 'spots' on top of the
ready made texture, the added texture layer should have the spots that need to
be added, but then be transparent (or partly) between them.

If you post an example of what your are achieving or the code you are doing, it
may be easier to identify any problem.

-tgq