POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Most efficient way to code a hemisphere (lathe.inc) : Re: Most efficient way to code a hemisphere (lathe.inc) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most efficient way to code a hemisphere (lathe.inc)
From: gregjohn
Date: 27 Feb 2011 16:30:00
Message: <web.4d6ac17836e168b634d207310@news.povray.org>
On second thought, my real goal is to have two different mesh2's, in this case
created by Ingo's macros,  to have a perfectly smooth transition between them.
As you point out it ultimately becomes a question of splines.

Q: What is the most simplistic way to guarantee that two splines will have a
perfectly smooth transition, say one defined  A to B, and another B to C?

That is, If I have the "extra point" in a quadratic spline overlap, or the "two
extra points" in a cubic_spline overlap?  Or again, would one have to "hard
code" them as in the example of the trig functions for spheres.