POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparency with touching bodies : Re: Transparency with touching bodies Server Time
2 Jul 2024 12:32:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparency with touching bodies
From: MrS1203
Date: 16 Feb 2011 08:55:01
Message: <web.4d5bd69cee974b69b5bb38ea0@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Sounds like a coincident surface issue.  One thing you can do is use merge{}
> with touching or overlapping objects, however this does tend to add to the
> render time, sometimes significantly
>
> -tgq

Thank you for your quick response. I tried to merge the two boxes but then it
seems like the touching area is not effected by the fade distance any more -
this area gets comletely white, which is not correct. The problem is, that every
used material has to use it's own fade distances to generate a correct x-ray
image.

Other ideas to solve this problem with the coincident surfaces?