POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : IRTC-like activity in this forum? : IRTC-like activity in this forum? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC-like activity in this forum?
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 11 Feb 2011 12:20:00
Message: <web.4d556ecacc099ef285627c70@news.povray.org>
Idea-wise, I'm just kicking the can up the flagpole to see if anyone genuflects.
(Forgive me; I had to deal with sales "people" today.)

Is there anyone else who's missing the IRTC and would like to spend a month or
so submitting topic-oriented images to the forum in a VERY informal interim
activity?

I'm thinking of something as simple as discussing topics until a few people say,
"OK, I'd do something for that one", and then starting a thread for posting
images and comments.

We could skip "Judging" entirely, or better yet, every commenter could make up
their own pretentious scoring system interspersing genuinely constructive
criticism with Iron Chef-like pontification.

I haven't had any topic ideas that I consider great, but I'll toss one out just
for starters: Since "Monitoring Prices" has seen a good bit of activity, what if
we each designed our own "Personal Dream System"? After all, price really is no
object if you just have to make a picture of it.

Other topic suggestions are more than welcome. I consider the one above passable
at best.

Well... shall we?

Best Regards,
Mike C.