POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smooth isofurface twist : Re: Smooth isofurface twist Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth isofurface twist
From: StephenS
Date: 7 Feb 2011 17:00:01
Message: <web.4d506a5a824d792b94cabfe30@news.povray.org>
> StephenS wrote:
>
> > I would like to extend this from 1/4 turn into many turns.
>
> Hint: N = 0.25 ;)
>
> You also need to increase max_gradient when making sharper turns.

I think "N" means, 1/4 turn over one unit length(pitch?).
If I simply extend the bounding box, the rotations don't continue.
Oh wait... more turns then scale (stretch) seems to work.

Thanks for the nudge.
(and of course the title should be 'isosurface', no wonder I can't find my older
posts)

Stephen S