POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : UV map image interpolation not achived : UV map image interpolation not achived Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  UV map image interpolation not achived
From: iaguilera
Date: 26 Jan 2011 07:25:01
Message: <web.4d401231d44cecd45994def70@news.povray.org>
I added a wood image over a big floor mapping a texture. The code of my material
is:

material {
  texture {
    uv_mapping pigment {
      image_map {
        tiff "wood.tif"
        interpolate 2
      }
    }
    finish {
      ambient 1
      diffuse 1
    }
  }
}

Texture repeats over the floor, and the result is ok in near distances, but
jittering appears in texture when distance increases.

I tried changing interpolation value, and using 0 (no interpolation), 2 or 4
always render the same image...

What can be the cause of interpolation failing?

Thanks for your help.