POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Atari Logo : Re: Atari Logo Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:00:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Atari Logo
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 24 Jan 2011 14:20:01
Message: <web.4d3dd0184cc34acfe32b58850@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > - does anybody know the trick to getting it just right?
>
> Somewhere (in the POV docs or elsewhere) you can find the relative intensities
> for RGB values. I have no idea where to find that information anymore. I know
> for a fact that green overpowers the other two.

....It seems that I was remembering a method for converting a color image to
grayscale, though it might still be applicable here since we're talking about
the visual influence of colors...

From the POV docs, in reference to grayscale output:

  "The brightness of a pixel is calculated in the same way that color images are
converted to grayscale images: height = 0.3 * red + 0.59 * green + 0.11 * blue."

Maybe this helps, maybe it doesn't :/