POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSG with mesh2 : Re: CSG with mesh2 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG with mesh2
From: quickfur
Date: 18 Jan 2011 15:25:00
Message: <web.4d35f6509a9f4973ee8d82c40@news.povray.org>
> Am 18.01.2011 19:37, schrieb quickfur:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I want to do CSG with a mesh2 object, but I'm not sure if POVRay supports what I
> > need to do: the mesh2 object that I have is closed, but also contains internal
> > triangles (almost every triangle is transparent, so the internal triangles are
> > visible). I want to be able to do CSG with the *boundary* of the mesh2, and
> > ignore the internal triangles as far as CSG is concerned. Is this possible?
>
> No.
>
> You'll have to separate the internal and external triangles into
> different mesh2 objects.

OK, but how would I do CSG with the mesh containing internal triangles? I want
the internal triangles to be clipped as well.

One workaround I thought of is to have a mesh containing only boundary triangles
and use that in a clipped_by modifier for the mesh being subtracted from. But
this doesn't support full CSG. But I suppose I can figure out ways to work
around this.