POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : camera orbit with simultaneous image plane rotation : Re: camera orbit with simultaneous image plane rotation Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:30:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera orbit with simultaneous image plane rotation
From: bobsta
Date: 18 Jan 2011 08:50:01
Message: <web.4d359962863e0b1cc6ac940d0@news.povray.org>

> In that case, you can use an array that will contain your various rotations.
>
> #declare Roll = array[16] {0,0,1,3,5,7,5,3,1,0,1,3,5,7,5,3}
>
> This create the array and initialize it in one operation.
> The element zero (first) can be used for single frame renderings, while
> the others will be used during an animation.

This sounds very promising. Since I am generating scripts to execute the
raytracing with povray I would then only need to determine whether the roll
angle is fixed or variable, based on user input.

> You ther access the elements like this:
>
> Roll[frame_numnber]

Could you please give me more detailed syntax, or a reference to the relevant
manual /wiki page, on how to implement this. Thanks.