POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : camera orbit with simultaneous image plane rotation : camera orbit with simultaneous image plane rotation Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:32:36 EDT (-0400)
  camera orbit with simultaneous image plane rotation
From: bobsta
Date: 14 Jan 2011 02:45:00
Message: <web.4d2ffe3cb3460c10c6ac940d0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am using povray to generate projections of anatomical structures derived from
a DICOM RT Structure Set. In essence I need to simulate a camera orbit about
each structure - in fact I rotate the structure using the clock parameter and
keep the camera fixed. These projections are the precursor to defining radiation
fields in radiotherapy and the camera represents a linear accelerator used for
the treatment.

I now need to make my simulation more general by allowing for camera roll, i.e.
rotation of the image plane (anti)clockwise about look at vector see
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_3#Placing_the_Camera

povray -D mlc[Synergy]+Q0 +KFF90 +I/home/twostepgen/PTV0_0.pov i.e. 90
projections in orbit mlc[Synergy] defines image plane dimensions

PTV0_0.pov
#include "/home/twostepgen/PTV0.inc" - a mesh2 object
camera {
   perspective
   location <0 100 0>
   up <0,0,-1>
   right <-1.33,0,0>
   angle 11.9882
   look_at <0 0 0>
rotate -z*(178+(clock*-356))
}
 light_source { <0,10,0> color rgb 1 }

object{PTV0 translate <0.775167,-18.0811,7.82013e-05>}

translate is used to ensure that the "looked at" point is located at coordinates
0 0 0

In particular there are some instances where I need a constant roll angle for
all projections along the entire orbit. In other instances I need to adjust the
roll angle from one clock "tick" to the next. What is the most
efficient/simplest way of doing this?

Many thanks

Mark