POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects : Re: MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects
From: syntotic
Date: 13 Jan 2011 02:35:00
Message: <web.4d2eaa1c5827f18f631654b30@news.povray.org>
> If you frequently use such constructs, I suggest writing a macro.

No, I think one of the in-house mathematicians should work the formulae to
handle images as textures and post them in the documentation.

Making tests now I can understand the faded border in some pictures I remember
seeing from time to time to be the added pixel columns when the image is
distorted only a few lines beyond its normal dimensions. It does not show up
with a single pixel column added, but when it is ten or more it is noticeable.

Basically we need a f(w,h|camera<...>) to be translated into texture {translate
<...>} and object {transform <...>} so that the resulting image be at x,y with
width and height w,h. I think it needs somebody very conversant with
scene/camera assumptions and coordinate systems to convert the whole issue into
pixels.