POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "out of memory" error during render in RC2 : Re: "out of memory" error during render in RC2 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "out of memory" error during render in RC2
From: stevenvh
Date: 9 Jan 2011 12:25:01
Message: <web.4d29ee51aa4d819dc0721a1d0@news.povray.org>

> RC2 has a memory indicator in the status bar just to the right of the
> messages. Did you happen to notice what that was showing during the render
> (especially towards the end?).
>
> I probably ought to add code to print the memory stats even if a render
> fails; currently, they're only printed if it succeeds. In cases like this
> it would definitely have been worth having this info as I can't say without
> knowing how much of your machine's physical resources it was using.

Thanks for the reply, Chris.

No, I never took note of the memory indicator before. Anyway, this render had
been running for 6+ hours, and I wasn't always near my PC.
I'll restart the render tomorrow and try to monitor it.

I agree about printing the memory stats. I would think it's of little use if
everything went well, but be especially useful in case of errors.