POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Find exact position of a rotated camera : Find exact position of a rotated camera Server Time
27 Jun 2024 13:49:17 EDT (-0400)
  Find exact position of a rotated camera
From: CVADRAT
Date: 5 Jan 2011 07:00:01
Message: <web.4d245c4e38cab2dfcaf4e69e0@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

I need to find the exact position of a translated and rotated camera. Imagine a
sphere and a camera that points to it (with look_at to <0,0,0>, the center of
the sphere) with camera location at <0,0,-15000> and that then has been rotated
by +60 degrees in the x axis. What I need to find is the location vector of the
camera.
In fact I need the location vector of the camera to make a trace() on the

Any ideas will be welcome.

Please try to send me an email.

Thanks in advance!
CVADRAT