POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with cutaway_textures : Re: Help with cutaway_textures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with cutaway_textures
From: Solar Mike
Date: 17 Dec 2010 23:20:01
Message: <web.4d0c35b8487b631173b3f5c50@news.povray.org>
> Am 18.12.2010 02:59, schrieb Jim Holsenback:
>
> > could this be the same behavior that was covered in this tag:
> > http://bugs.povray.org/task/115
>
> No, it's actually just the opposite. Though they're closely related.
>
> Gee, this cutaway thing is more complicated than I was just thinking.

I had a look at task115 and I found that I could get correct rendering if I
moved the final application of orange to the difference only (the walls.)  I
think that the orange may have been applied to the fillet since no texture was
explicitly applied to it and the orange was applied to the entire final union.
Interestingly, I would have expected the orange to override all the textures in
the final union but I guess that is not the case!

I'm still not sure how to work around the problem I am having. :/