POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : My images are too 'clinical'. : My images are too 'clinical'. Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:09:43 EDT (-0400)
  My images are too 'clinical'.
From: D103
Date: 14 Dec 2010 18:55:00
Message: <web.4d07ffea76aad1fbbb2ad4c60@news.povray.org>
This is something that has been bothering me for some time. My scene files are
all very 'clinical', that is they are too perfect. For example, I have rendered
a scene with a paved street, a brick wall and a lamp post, but everything looks
perfectly 'clean'; the wall is perfectly straight, there is no dirt, no rubbish,
no anything other than what I have already mentioned. What do I have to do to
get natural looking scenes?

Also, in over a year of using POV-Ray, I have not progressed much beyond the
basic solid primitives, and blob has gone almost unused. Is there any kind of
maths I need to study, or do I need to use a modeler, or what?

If anyone could give me a hand with these questions, I would be much obliged.

D103