POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Creating a rotating gem : Re: Creating a rotating gem Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:47:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating a rotating gem
From: Bidski
Date: 11 Dec 2010 00:30:01
Message: <web.4d030bd61e34407486c9e330@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> On 12/11/2010 12:00 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> thought of this picture after posting:
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/File:TutImgRaytracing.gif
>
> thought it might give you some ideas of where you need to be headed with
> your setup

OMG!!!! When something tells you to that it wants comma-seperated values for its
vectors, be damn sure that you put them commas in!

I didnt realise that the program that I got the basis for this gem from doesn't
use comma-seperated values in its vectors, so none of my trangle vectors had any
commas and that was the root of all my problems!

Thank you all anyways for all of your help.

I guess I just need to tweak the texture now?

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll167/Bidskii/stone5.jpg

Regards
Bidski