POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : <no subject> : <no subject> Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  <no subject>
From: optima
Date: 10 Dec 2010 05:35:00
Message: <web.4d0200c5c23a6d986a0ac3f0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I try to render a room using Povray v3.6.1.

I have some issues remaining about rendering with and without radiosity.

I included 2 pov files one with, one without radiosity. Of course I get 2
different results. Which is nice but just a few minor(maybe major) glitches
remain to achieve more of povray's true potential.

My questions are

in sample Without radiosity-----

1- the wall to the right is dark, how can this be corrected? I tried using
   shadowless keyword, this caused more problems eg. taking phong and shineness
   away, leaving a matt and dull looking picture. Without shadowless some areas
   remain in the dark. Should I use more than one light?

2- the sink could be made look more metallic, how can this be achieved? Is my
   usage of METAL5.jpg correct for this purpose? I want metals to look like
   metals, not grayish. Like the metals I see in Jaime's renderings.

in sample with radiosity-------

walls look better, how can I correct the rest of these isuues?

1- sink still is not metallic
2- the painting on the wall looks like it lost some of its shininess or
   ambience value same maybe true for cabinet doors since they use jpegs too.

I appreciate any help, I am really stuck on these for some time. I hope I was
able to explain what I need, Like everyone else I want the best result Povray
can offer with the materials I use.
Thanks  a lot.

here you can find the relevant files
http://www.kitchendesigned.com/tmp/render_settings.zip