POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help with splines : help with splines Server Time
30 Apr 2024 04:51:43 EDT (-0400)
  help with splines
From: yoyodunno
Date: 9 Dec 2010 12:40:01
Message: <web.4d01143d847db539663718460@news.povray.org>
So I'm making a simple roller coaster animation. I have one car and can make it
move around the track using Spline_Trans. The problem is that now I want to make
multiple roller cars and since my spline doesn't have constant distances between
each time value I can't get the roller cars to always be the same distance from
each other.

Here is my animation so far:
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff392/yoyodunno/coasterAnimation-1.gif?t=1291916196
As you can see the speed is not constant because the distance over the spline
time values isn't constant.

Is there something I can do to make the distance values constant over each time
value in the spline so that the animation has constant speed, which will also
let me make multiple carts. I realize I could make a high framerate animation,
and then play with the frames to get this to work, but I hope I don't have to go
there.

Thanks.