POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Install MegaPOV in Windows 7 : Re: Install MegaPOV in Windows 7 Server Time
30 Apr 2024 23:01:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Install MegaPOV in Windows 7
From: NsN
Date: 8 Dec 2010 14:55:01
Message: <web.4cffe21e46da56fc4d8138b40@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> > I installed Pov-ray 3.7 and with some little changes on code I got this render:
> >
> > http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8692/modsmega.png
> >
> > I didn't remove the save_file/load_file because I dind't find that.
> >
> > And where are the ini files of megapov? I tried Tools>  Edit master, but this
> > option doesn't exits.

> > I didn't do any thing like that.
> >

> > Sorry to only post here today and sorry for my total ignorance in this area but
> > as I said this is not my area.
> >

> > Do you have some explation or advice to show me why my render is with this
> > little white points?
> >

> > Thanks for everybody
> >

> Do you talk about the white pixels on the table? Or you are talking
> about the curves and circles on the printed board?
>
> On the tabble, it looks somewhat like a negative crand or stray, low
> density, photons. It don't looks like it's a reflective surface, so, I
> ruled out the reflection of a background.
>
> On the mother board:
> It could be photons.
> It could be a strange problem with the texture.
>
> Also, the texture on the top part of the metallic components is suspicious.
>
> If your scene does have photons, try disabling it by commenting out the
> protons block in the global_settings.
>
> Check if you have any #default texture anywhere in your scene.
>
> You use radiosity, try adjusting the parameters, the light and dark
> molting on the connectors are not supposed to be there. Do you use an
> HDR light probe? How did you used it? (sample code please)
>

> Alain

Hi,
I've run into a similiar problem. I've managed to get everything working in
povray 3.7, except that i get some weird white specks.

These specks appear everywhere, but are most noticable on the main PCB. I've
uploaded a small scene which produces these specks here:
http://www.justgeek.de/stuff/povray/example.pov
The hdr file ( http://www.justgeek.de/stuff/povray/kitchen_probe_lat.hdr ) is
from http://ict.debevec.org/~debevec/Probes/ converted to a lat / long format
using HDRshop.

I've played around with the radiosity settings, but i always get the white
specks.
An example can be found here:
http://www.justgeek.de/stuff/povray/example-5-3.png (warning, due to the specks
this is 2.5 MB big)

As far as i can tell, i don't have any photons, i have used high quality
settings and there is no texture used for the board. I can't imagine that it is
a reflection from the surroundings.

Has anyone got an idea what could cause this?

Bye,
NsN