POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: nemesis
Date: 6 Dec 2010 23:40:01
Message: <web.4cfdb9d338fd0cf57ed007900@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> The best of the "classics", like Hemingway, spent 10
> pages describing drapes billowing in the wind. You could SDL the damn
> things in less lines than it took for the man to describe one damn room.
> The actual book, if you removed all that stuff, would have been 2 more
> pages. lol

Now you're being quite unfair.  "The old man and the sea" I have in high regard.
 Behind all those vivid fisherman daily duties descriptions lies really an
allegory for life itself, a bold and dramatic one.

I like structures, textures, carefully plotted details.  The beauty of it all
may even surpass any story or melody alone for me.  Which is why I love dense
literature as "Swann's Way" or thick contrapuntal Bach fugues.

Much of today's artworks are much too plain and shallow in their attempt to
quickly grab the short span attentions of today...