POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: nemesis
Date: 6 Dec 2010 23:05:00
Message: <web.4cfdb19038fd0cf57ed007900@news.povray.org>
> On 05/12/2010 02:08 PM, Warp wrote:
>
> >    Roger Ebert has famously stated that in his opinion video games can never
> > be art.
>
> As far as I can determine, "art" is anything excessively miserable or
> unpleasent. (Therefore something depressing like Shakespear's Macbeth
> would be considered "art", while the cheerful up-beat Crazy For You does
> not.)

are you sure you come from the United Kingdom?

there's also plenty of examples of very aesthetically pleasing art out there,
it's just that tragedy and drama have much more punch.

It's also funny that you can remember painful moments very well, because it's
unpleasant and your organism doesn't want to ever make you forget those moments
so you don't go through the same process.  But enjoyable moments... those are
about as brief and faded in memory as an orgasm...