POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: nemesis
Date: 6 Dec 2010 22:50:00
Message: <web.4cfdae3438fd0cf57ed007900@news.povray.org>
> John VanSickle wrote:
> > But since there can
> > never be an objective reason for why one person's subjective opinion
> > should be regarded as superior to another's,
>
> I disagree this is as obvious as it sounds. That's precisely why we have
> experts to start with.

Experts may have a saying in technical fields, but not as much as in such a
subjective field as arts.  For instance, experts say this is worth 140 million
bucks:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/nov/03/usa.topstories3

To my ignorant peasant taste, it just looks like a badly used piece of toilet
paper... I'll take Mario Bros. any day for higher art...