POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: nemesis
Date: 5 Dec 2010 09:40:01
Message: <web.4cfba3d738fd0cf5c007f8920@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> If you have an xbox360, you should check the arcade game named Limbo.

yes, I heard it is very good.

BTW, does it happen to be anything like this:

http://www.comagame.net/

I played this one before Limbo was announced, so I wonder if Limbo is an
upgraded version for the XBox...

and no, I wouldn't call these games arcade... they are more in the same vein as
puzzle-platformers as (ancient) Prince of Persia or Another World...

>   Roger Ebert has famously stated that in his opinion video games can never
> be art. Even after reading his essays on the subject I still can't understand
> his rationale. IMO Limbo is a good example of why he is wrong.

Roger Ebert is full of BS.  Watching games is not the same as playing them.  I
first realized games could be art when I would not pay attention to the score
anymore...

He's like one of those late 1800's drama critics dismissing cinema as a cheap
toy medium...