POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fundamental question re: #switch/#case/#break : Re: fundamental question re: #switch/#case/#break Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fundamental question re: #switch/#case/#break
From: Kenneth
Date: 24 Nov 2010 14:00:00
Message: <web.4ced5f5a2f7b65a8196b08580@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> On 11/23/2010 10:05 PM, Kenneth wrote:
> > IMO, your comments and code example would make a great addition to the WIKI
> > (hint, hint!)
>
> ah then ... a perfect opportunity for you to bolster your understanding
> by having a go at the howto article you mentioned in your original post ;-)

Well, I guess I should have expected that ;-)

You mean the how-to article I mentioned(?) in this post (did I?)--or one of the
many *others* that I said I was gonna write, on other topics? Yeah,
well....um...

Actually, I *have* been mulling over all that's been said here so far, and
comparing it to what the docs say, and may yet have a go at trying to re-word
part of the docs/WIKI-- if only to satisfy my *own* sense of clarity.
(Admittedly from a 'non-programmer's' rather naive viewpoint.) Yet it might
prove useful to others, I suppose.  I have some ideas that are starting to
gel--but I'm realizing that indeed it *is* difficult to put these #case/#break
concepts into simpler, more succinct form. Need to think on it a bit more...

Ken