POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render : Re: Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render Server Time
7 May 2024 16:03:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render
From: StephenS
Date: 21 Nov 2010 13:40:00
Message: <web.4ce967381ca230b58ae84fe80@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> Please find attached a zip file with the problem file.

> Using  32 bit version of Beta 39 PovRay still holds on to the memory and
> raises an exception when exiting the program. The 64 bit version works
> as expected.
>
> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

Same setup: Win7 64bit, POV-Ray 3.7.39b 32bit

Let run for 25 minutes after render finished, exit without problem.

Useing a program to check my CPU temperature, CoreTemp, it also shows memory
useage and core useage (AMD cpu); computer is still busy after POV-Ray3.7 32bit
reports render finished. Memory use continues to drop while core useage is above
5 percent.

After the 25 minutes, could be less I did not stay at computer, The core useage
drops to less than 5 percent and memory useage moves up/down a small amount.

Not waiting for all cores to drop below 5 percent useage gives error if I try to
render again. Mini dump sent (#42) with automatic error report.
I did not try all combinations of wait/re-render/re-start.

Stephen S