POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render. : Re: Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render. Server Time
28 Sep 2024 14:54:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render.
From: MessyBlob
Date: 20 Nov 2010 06:55:01
Message: <web.4ce7b650b5c30771addfbead0@news.povray.org>
> There are some situations where the render engine takes excessively long
> to clean up, but from all I've seen so far it always finishes
> eventually.

Is it worth getting hands dirty with the memory manager interface, to start new
renders using a new 'root' (or handle list - I've no seen what's used) for
memory allocation. That way, the clean-up can be happening in the background for
the old render, while the new render is starting.

This would work in the majority of cases where there is no pressure on the
system to swap out memory.