POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : motion blur test : Re: motion blur test Server Time
15 May 2024 23:32:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: motion blur test
From: Tek
Date: 12 Nov 2010 05:25:00
Message: <web.4cdd15c77450cbb2caa39c860@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 11/11/2010 17:15, Tek nous fit lire :
> > Since I'm unlikely to ever go back to Megapov 1.21, and Pov 3.7 beta doesn't
> > have motion blur
>
> Motion blur... is there a real benefit to allow to include light(s) in
> motion blur ? really ?
> (I just had look at the megapov code for motion blur, and it might be
> simpler without lights... just thinking about it currently as a kind of
> CSG (so I'm pervert, it would be a very special CSG))
> (lights, not such high ambient textured objects that might appears as
> luminous)

Lights would be good, for vehicles. Though it's also worth bearing in mind that
I want to use radiosity in animations, which I'm pretty sure doesn't get motion
blurred in megapov. TBH I'd always find a situation where I want to blend frames
myself unless pov could literally have multiple versions of the entire scene and
randomly jitter rays through time. Just doing a subset of features will never be
enough.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think the official version of pov should have
a feature that's fussy about what other features it works with, it should be one
homogeneous whole. (Talking of which, can we get radiosity illuminating media?)