POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problem with new focal blur noise pattern and animations : Re: Problem with new focal blur noise pattern and animations Server Time
28 Jun 2024 11:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with new focal blur noise pattern and animations
From: Tek
Date: 10 Nov 2010 11:50:00
Message: <web.4cdacbf651977b7ecaa39c860@news.povray.org>
Here's a simple example. Render a few frames of this (e.g. +kfi0 +kff20)

//---start of code
#default { pigment { rgb 1 } finish { diffuse .8 emission .2 } }
background { rgb z }
plane { y, -1 pigment { checker rgb 1, rgb .8 } }
light_source { <-2,3,-1>, rgb 1 }

#declare T = frame_number/final_frame;

box { -1,1 translate x*(1-2*T) pigment { rgb x } }

camera {
 right x*image_width/image_height
 up y
 direction z*.8

 location <-1.5,.5,-3>+x*T
 look_at x*T

 aperture 0.5
 focal_point 0
 blur_samples 4
}
//---end of code

Notice how the noise is completely static. If I had the option to make the noise
different on every frame I'd get a much more visually pleasing result. It's
worth noting that I'm planning to blend multiple frames to get motion blur, so I
was hoping that blending would improve the focal blur too. Though in any case
static noise draws attention to itself far more than if it was moving.