POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Surface of revolution not rendering properly. : Surface of revolution not rendering properly. Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:09:35 EDT (-0400)
  Surface of revolution not rendering properly.
From: D103
Date: 9 Nov 2010 19:00:01
Message: <web.4cd9df12e4822cf2e5f70da10@news.povray.org>
I was recently trying to create a tap using a surface of revolution for its
base. When rendered, the image was covered with black areas.

After commenting out all the objects, I found that it was the sor that was
causing the problem.
When replaced with a lathe, the problem disappeared.

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me why the sor did this.

D103