POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Text array problem : Text array problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Text array problem
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 8 Nov 2010 13:50:01
Message: <web.4cd84567fe65f852a0f4ab460@news.povray.org>
I was going through some old files, and ran into a problem parsing the
following:

#declare firenice =
 array[9] {

    "SOME SAY THE WORLD WILL END IN FIRE",

    "SOME SAY IN ICE",

    "FROM WHAT I'VE TASTED OF DESIRE,",

    "I HOLD WITH THOSE WHO FAVOR FIRE;",

    "BUT SHOULD IT HAVE TO PERISH TWICE,",

    "I THINK I KNOW ENOUGH OF HATE,",

    "TO SAY THAT FOR DESTRUCTION, ICE -",

    "IS ALSO GREAT -",

    "AND WOULD SUFFICE."

    }

I get the error "Could not convert System Specific Text format to Unicode"

I've tried re-typing the text to remove non-system characters, but it has no
effect.  I've rendered this before, so I know it works.  Was there some change
to the text handling in the beta?

thanks in advance

A.D.B.