POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem rendering huge image : Re: problem rendering huge image Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem rendering huge image
From: stevenvh
Date: 8 Nov 2010 12:30:01
Message: <web.4cd832ce1b8b01b1c0721a1d0@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:47:28 +0200, stevenvh <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> Does it also happen with beta 39?

Yes, it also happens with beta 39. Odd thing: the first iteration is very slow
as expected (we're talking about radiosity on a large number of objects), but
when the messages start to pop up, the following iterations are passing very
quickly, until the rendering stops with the "render failed" message while it's
rendering at pixel level. My hunch is that radiosity is ignored; successive
pixels are just generated too quickly.