POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Animation/Camera question : 3D Animation/Camera question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  3D Animation/Camera question
From: Carl
Date: 1 Nov 2010 00:15:01
Message: <web.4cce3e5ee39d025c8276e01c0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

   I want to make a 3D animation.  Each frame will be two images, one for the
left eye and one for the right eye.  The two images will appear side-by-side and
when you look through your monitor you'll see the 3D image in the middle.

   I know how to render half of each frame in POV-Ray by itself and I can then
combine the two images in paint or other image editor making each frame one at a
time.  But that is too manual a process as I want to make several hundred
frames.  Any way to do this directly in POV-Ray?  I'd like to be able to specify
two cameras one for each eye and then have the image from each camera fill their
respective half of the total frame.

   Any ideas?  With these new 3D TVs/monitors can POV-Ray render a 3D image that
can be see on these?  If not I hope that is something in the works.

Thanks,
Carl