POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Internal surface visible with Merge : Re: Internal surface visible with Merge Server Time
4 Jul 2024 15:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internal surface visible with Merge
From: Der Minimalist
Date: 31 Oct 2010 04:25:00
Message: <web.4ccd2695d610b901fec5f1b80@news.povray.org>
Hi Stephen,

It works nicely in the sample code, but it didn't completely solve the problem
in my flask model. However,your advice did allow me to trace back the last
problem. I use a transparent image_map with some text on one half of the flask
and on the other half not. The "transparent" part of the .png seems to affect
the texture of the entire half of the sphere.

I could solve the problem by applying a blank .png image_map to the second half
and now the textures are the same. Maybe not the best way of solving this, but
it works for now. Many thanks for your time!