POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : skyspheres transmit of color maps not computed last : Re: skyspheres transmit of color maps not computed last Server Time
28 Jun 2024 11:49:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: skyspheres transmit of color maps not computed last
From: Mr
Date: 27 Oct 2010 10:50:01
Message: <web.4cc83b9154c4afac82b320a90@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <lef### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 27/10/2010 15:50, Mr a écrit :
> > And the first solution you suggest, won't work either, should I use Filter for
> > the background, I get no transparency at all.
>
> With filter at 1 on the sky_sphere and NO background, with beta 39, I
> got the attached pictures.
>
> sky_sphere {
>  pigment {
>   gradient y
>   color_map {
>    [0.0 rgbf<0.33, 0, 0.528, 1>]
>    [1.0 rgbf<0.481, 0.774, 0.645, 1>]
>   }
>  }
> }
> global_settings {
>  max_trace_level 7
>  ambient_light rgb<0, 0, 0>
> }
>
>  //  background { rgbt <1,1,1,0.5>}
>

> --
> A good Manager will take you
> through the forest, no mater what.
> A Leader will take time to climb on a
> Tree and say 'This is the wrong forest'.

I had the same.
The closest workaround I found:
using transmit 0.99 for the background-like entry of the sky sphere I have the
behaviour I want for transparency with gradient. only problem remaining is when
user selects no sky spher I let background with transmit 1 do the job, but the
anti aliasing is white. if I put transmit 0.99 in bacground color, AA is
perfect, but then color is slightly off.