POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : skyspheres transmit of color maps not computed last : skyspheres transmit of color maps not computed last Server Time
28 Sep 2024 14:59:01 EDT (-0400)
  skyspheres transmit of color maps not computed last
From: Mr
Date: 26 Oct 2010 17:40:01
Message: <web.4cc749d261bca8a082b320a90@news.povray.org>
Hi There is something that I try to understand every once in a while with
povray:
I am trying to have a sky sphere with gradient but still with an alpha layer
fully transparent in the end image. How do you do that?

I try using two rgbt colors, both with a transmit value of 1 as entries to the
colormap.

If I do that,  only the last entry of color map of my gradient will be used as
if the the first entry had never existed. so it seems like the transparency is
baked into the color for each entry. could there be an option to make it so that
if the first entry has transmit 1 its color is still retained and all
transparencies
only applied in the alpha layer?