POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting : can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:58:41 EDT (-0400)
  can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting
From: Florin Andrei
Date: 15 Oct 2010 20:50:01
Message: <web.4cb8f65fd8b7640f7411a7fb0@news.povray.org>
I am trying to render an astronomy object, with stars as a background. This is
fine as a static image, but I'm having tremendous issues when doing an
animation. Basically, I can't find a solution to the simple problem of having
the exact same image (starfield) for all frames, when the camera is moving.
Looks like, no matter what, the starfield background is randomly built anew for
each frame. This is not good. I want the starry background to be exactly the
same in each frame, fully static relative to the moving camera.

I tried to paint Starfield1 on a box (or plane) and have the box move with the
exact same speed as the camera:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=4KZL7jcG

povray from_mars.pov +W1920 +H1080 -visual DirectColor +A0.1 +AM2

Well, no, each frame the stars are painted again, randomly. :(

How do I make the starfield completely static for all frames when the camera is
moving?