POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : X-Ray Simulation : X-Ray Simulation Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:35:05 EDT (-0400)
  X-Ray Simulation
From: Alan
Date: 14 Oct 2010 15:30:01
Message: <web.4cb75a116e48456870815b070@news.povray.org>
I am attempting to simulate an x-ray using the material light attenuation
ability in POV-Ray. Unforutunatly I am getting an odd "aurora" around parts that
are intersecting one another, like this experiment:

http://img844.imageshack.us/i/22952805.png/

I want it to look more like this (one part is located behind the other instead
of intersecting):

http://img291.imageshack.us/i/99583176.png/

This intersection is unavoidible as my final images require hardware to be
placed inside of bones.  The models are all CAD models imported into POV-Ray
using Rhino. I was wondering if anyone had any solutions or suggestions for my
"aurora" issue.

Thanks.