POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : nasty issues rendering extremely large objects : Re: nasty issues rendering extremely large objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nasty issues rendering extremely large objects
From: Florin Andrei
Date: 14 Oct 2010 14:50:01
Message: <web.4cb74fde4bd3fcf47411a7fb0@news.povray.org>
Here's a perspective view from afar, all numbers are scaled down so I don't run
into issues again, but the proportions are correct:

http://i.imgur.com/mHknm.png

That tiny thing in the middle is the Sun. :)

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Ht2J3p5E

povray scale.pov +P +W1200 +H675 -visual DirectColor +A0.1 +AM2

Now, if I could only zoom in and "land" the camera on the inside of the ring and
render it correctly, at scale, from the perspective of someone standing on the
ring, without clipping or math issues, that would be great.