POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More guitar : Re: More guitar Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More guitar
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Oct 2010 04:40:00
Message: <web.4cb41beb9b8ef25a196b08580@news.povray.org>
Nice guitar work there. Particularly enjoyed Greensleeves (because I'm more
familiar with it.) And the CGI looks so REAL  ;-P

I've played electric guitar in bands for more years than I care to remember, but
classical acoustic guitar still gives me difficulty--mainly because I never
learned to pick correctly with my fingers (and fingernails.) So I...uh...avoid
it. You do it well.

Electric guitars are easier to play, too! (That's IMHO, of course.) Because of
lower 'action', in most cases.

Curiously, I've always thought of 'tremolo' as simply a sinusoidal volume
change, effected by my guitar amp's 'tremolo' electronics. Yet, when trying to
discuss  string bending/finger vibrating with fellow guitarists, I also use that
word (or 'trill', which is probably incorrect.) When it comes to using the
whammy bar on my electric guitar to get a 'warbling' pitch, I never think of it
as 'tremolo', just pitch change. Never heard any of my musician friends use
'tremolo' in that context either. But then again, I'm self-taught (i.e., by
ear)--so I never really learned ANY of the proper guitar or music nomenclature.

BTW (a small musicical detail): I always thought that the 'lead' line in
Greensleeves (when played in your Am key) went like this:

In other words, an F# note rather than an F. But that could be my own faulty
memory of the song.

Ken