POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Changing the colour of a surface depending on its height : Changing the colour of a surface depending on its height Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:46:00 EDT (-0400)
  Changing the colour of a surface depending on its height
From: Colaroid
Date: 6 Oct 2010 04:50:01
Message: <web.4cac37f84570371cc0abfa3e0@news.povray.org>
Hi all

I am creating a landscape-type image from a tiff file (which I have been able to
do thanks to the great advice on this forum), but was wondering if I can colour
in different areas of the landscape in different colours, depending on the
height of the area.

For example, like a map that shows different contours with different colours
representing different altitudes.

Really, I want to accenuate the different heights of the image by using
different colours or, perhaps more specifically, by using a colour scale.

Does anybody know if this is possible or not?

Cheers