POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sintel : Re: Sintel Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sintel
From: nemesis
Date: 3 Oct 2010 15:05:01
Message: <web.4ca8d2ee59981189c4a3ad910@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 3-10-2010 6:55, nemesis wrote:
> > is out:
> >
> > http://sintel.org/
> >
> > but I'm sure you knew that already! ;)
> >

> No I didn't.

come on, not even with the emoticon attached? ;)

> Though I feel I should have.
>
> Not your average hollywood story.

Indeed not.  I believe anyone who *SPOILER {* has ever obsessed over a lost
beloved one for far too long only to get that bitter taste of  *} SPOILER* can
relate strongly to the movie.

While Blender Foundation's open-movies are essentially tech demos for their
latest blender developments (and help those developments happen by actually
asking for them for a real production), I like how their movies are pretty
subjective and contain a strong element of ridicule and meta-criticism for a
given genre.

Like, in the previous one, Big Buck Bunny, they ridicule the whole "furry
animals cartoons" and some of their conventions, like "cross-eyed" eyes and
turning cute little animals into pathologic bullies.  In Sintel, they ridicule
the whole "lone hero in an epic journey" concept to truly sinister
consequences...