POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rocky Desert : Re: Rocky Desert Server Time
27 Apr 2024 19:45:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rocky Desert
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 2 Oct 2010 20:55:01
Message: <web.4ca7d3462ba0250fe32b58850@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> Following my usual pattern, I put aside everything else and followed the
> impulse to create this scene. Thankfully it was easy and quick to transform
> parts of prior scenes into this one.

Usually when that happens to me, I never end up posting anything \:

It's a good scene, but the light balance doesn't seem to follow the sun much.
Textured fog might help with something like this, but POV doesn't support it. I
wrote some code a while back to add this kind of functionality, you might want
to check it out. It's over at p.t.scene-files. Perhaps you can glean something
from it.

http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.4ca7d0bf43dc9b86e32b58850%40news.povray.org%3E/

Sam