POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Four points determining a hyperbolic paraboliod : Four points determining a hyperbolic paraboliod Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Four points determining a hyperbolic paraboliod
From: Graham
Date: 1 Oct 2010 10:40:00
Message: <web.4ca5e9e9bcf1095792d3a1390@news.povray.org>
I've read and searched, can anyone help me?

Given 4 unique and non-coplanar points (A, B, C, & D) in space (3D) what is the
simplest way of defining the surface that would result from a film being
stretched over a frame composed of four sides (AB, BC, CD, & DA), or that frame
being immersed and removed from a suitable liquid for bubble making?

I think a hyperbolic paraboloid would be about the right shape, but that hasn't
yielded a reasonable result thus far.