POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : creating a surface from a matrix : Re: creating a surface from a matrix Server Time
4 Jul 2024 15:40:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: creating a surface from a matrix
From: Colaroid
Date: 30 Sep 2010 11:25:00
Message: <web.4ca4aabd26aecd051f8f244b0@news.povray.org>
Wow, thanks very much for the rapid response.

I have a matrix XY grid and the data in each "square" describes a height, so
your first idea should work well.

However, my next issue is that I have 1000 of these matrices, so once I have
set-up the POVRAY file, I wanted to create a shell script that would read the
files (consecutively) in order to create 1000 individually images, which can be
strung together as an animation.

I'm not very good on POVRAY at the minute, but is this sort of thing possible,
particularly bearing in mind that I need to convert them to first as you
suggested????

Thanks again