POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Maximum Resolution of Renders? : Re: Maximum Resolution of Renders? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Maximum Resolution of Renders?
From: fillibar
Date: 30 Sep 2010 08:15:00
Message: <web.4ca47eb9965f1659a3fcf12a0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> I'm on something : a.resize(-1) in previous code (previous message) lead to:
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::length_error'
>   what():  vector::_M_fill_insert
> Abandon (core dumped)
>

> Looks like vector does not like negative resize (due to promoting int(32
> bits) to size_t after computation)

Wow! I did not expect someone to dig as deeply into this as you have, but thank
you very much. It looks like it is pretty clear at this point that the 41K x 41K
image is going to be beyond the capabilities for a little while at least. I will
just have to come up with a way to efficiently break the image into smaller
segments and recombine them although that is definitely sub-optimal.

Thanks for the information.