POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Generating an objects map along with the image : Re: Generating an objects map along with the image Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generating an objects map along with the image
From: Boing3000
Date: 30 Sep 2010 05:55:01
Message: <web.4ca45e0a66f67193125cd7d50@news.povray.org>
> > -- Chris
>
> If you use +q0 you don't have to bother with setting ambient or any
> other finish options. That setting only use full ambient, no reflection,
> no light/shadow computation, no highlight and no normals.
>

> Alain

BTW, I try this on the 3.7Beta39(64bit) and quick_color seems to be broken
(simple textured surface are still quite slow in +Q0).
Anyway v3.6 works OK, but quite slow compared to 3.7 (especially on my 4xHT
core).

Concerning performances, I am wondering if there is a stage in the rendering
process where it would be possible to fork many rendering (mainly based output
parameter like resolution). The goal beeing to share (and thus not redo) the
parsing - internal object representation process.